I took my dog for a walk last night after work. He LOVES going for walks. I was getting ready to go and he was literally bouncing up and down with excitement with a big smile on his face. To be honest, I was practically bouncing up and down myself. It’s been nice to breathe some fresh air after being locked up inside at a desk all day. So we set out on our journey down the road, birds chirping, breeze blowing. I got to my neighbour’s driveway and looked behind me, only to see my other neighbour’s dog sitting at the end of my driveway. Like a child that was left out of the dodgeball game at recess. He looked so heartbreakingly pathetic. Sitting there with his cone (seriously, that dog has had a cone off and on for like six months…I have no idea why), tail wagging, so eager. I kept walking. Now before you accuse me of being a heartless dog-abandoner, you need to know something about Carter. That dog is fearless. Or perhaps a little dimwitted. I’ll be strolling along with Baxter – on a leash – walking on the side of the road, and Carter will follow along right down the middle. Cars will have to almost stop before he moves. I don’t want to be held responsible if something happened to him. Or worse, I don’t want those drivers thinking that crazy dog is mine!
What weather we have been having! I love seeing everyone on my street out and about. Racking up fallen branches. Working on old cars. Sitting in lawn chairs with shorts on. The weather always seems to be a hot topic of conversation. I think Canadians must talk about the weather more than anyone else in the world. Maybe, it’s because it’s so unpredictable. One second, it’s a blizzard, the next, it’s a heat wave! I can’t really decide if that’s exciting or frustrating. How does one dress for the day when the morning differs so greatly from the afternoon? Don’t get me wrong. I’m not complaining about this Spring-like loveliness. I’m enjoying every minute of it. My only concern, is the summer. If it is like 15 degrees higher than normal now, will it be 15 degrees higher in the summer? If so, I’m going to buy stocks in Freon. Or whatever environmentally friendly equivalent they are using these days. And maybe oxygen masks. Humidity sucks!
Yay, a new post! Glad you are embracing the lovely Spring weather you are having! Amelia, Dave finally took the pictures off the camera onto the computer, now I can send them to you, will try to do over the weekend, I know it's a little late and you are over the whole England experience by now but I'll send them anyway, probably over several e-mails so the e-mails aren't too big. Love ya! Charmaine, x
ReplyDeleteOh I can't wait to see them! It will be like going on the trip all over again!!!!!! Thanks Char!
Delete