Tuesday, 21 February 2012

Nothing to Say

I haven't written a blog post in a while. Shockingly enough, I've had nothing to say. That doesn't happen very often.  Normally, I am not at a loss for words. I'm pretty good at being able to speak anytime, to anyone, about anything.  It's a skill I've developed. I read random articles online a lot so that I have something interesting to talk about. Since I can't think of any articles that I've read lately that are really worth talking about, (except for the one I read today about a hospital in Sweden that has put are requirement for nurses they hire that they must be "hot", TV show hot, I think it said, oh and a good sense of humour), this blog will be about a little bit of everything. 

I have recently become an auntie.  This is just about the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. It still blows my mind! As some of you may know, my sister has been married for nine years, and once said that she and Dave would never have kids.  We were all so shocked that they changed their minds.  And unbelievably excited!!!  Makayla Lauren is so sweet.  She's so tiny and delicate.  It just amazes me that a life can grow inside a woman. What a miracle! I can't wait to watch her grow up.  Find out her personality.  Do all the fun stuff that an auntie gets to do. Hehe!  Not just grandma and grandpa get to "sugar 'em up and send 'em home!"

In 11 days, I will be turning 31.  Now, I've heard that 31 is worse than 30, from those who've blazed that trail before me.  I've never been scared or upset about growing older.  My 30th birthday was a day that I highly anticipated. I was excited about starting a new decade. There were friends I had growing up that didn't make that milestone, so 30 was never an age that I dreaded.  We shall have to see if 31 is as great as 30 was. 

It's amazing how you change as you get older.  Not just what you know or how you think.  The physical changes are...interesting.  I never used to get car sick.  Ever.  Two years ago, I discovered I can no longer sit in the backseat during long car rides.  And by long, I mean anything over 30 minutes.  I even gotten nauseous while driving.  That is just ridiculous.  

I made it through another holiday in the floral industry.  Every time another holiday comes around, I think I'm not going to make it. Stress levels increase exponentially.  The only benefit is that the days and weeks fly by.   I cut my finger on a rose thorn and was hoping to get out of the madness by contracting some sort of slight infection, but that didn't happen.  I got no sympathy from anyone either.  I'll have to work on a more serious injury for Easter.  Like maybe a paper cut!

And I guess that's all I have to say for tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment